An ongoing research project of the Ontario Genealogical Society, Toronto Branch

Park Lots 7 & 8

Mutual Street to Yonge Street

Park Lot 7: Mutual Street to Bond Street. Granted to the Honourable John McGill, 4 September 1793.

On 28 June 1799, John McGill and his wife Catherine sold the northern 60 acres of Park Lot 7 to the Honourable John Elmsley for £150.

John Elmsley died in 1805, leaving the northern 60 acres of Park Lot 7 to his widow, Mary Elmsley.

John McGill retained the southern 40 acres of Park Lot 7, combining it with part of Park Lot 8. (See below.)

Park Lot 8: Bond Street to Yonge Street. Granted to George Playter, 4 September 1793. The patent was issued 24 August 1796.

On 17 June 1797, George Playter and his wife Elizabeth sold the southern 40 acres of Park Lot 8 to the Honourable John McGill.

On 25 February 1799,  George Playter and his wife sold the northern 60 acres of Park Lot 8 to the Honourable John Elmsley.

John Elmsley died in 1805, leaving the property to his widow, Mary Elmsley. She sold a 25-acre portion of the northern portion of Park Lot 8 to Alexander Wood on 16 October 1826