The congregation of St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Scarborough (SCR-0159) was established in 1819 on land donated by early settler David Thomson, now known as 115 St. Andrew’s Road. The present structure dates from 1849.
The publication contains a short history of the church, a map, photos, bibliography, and a consolidated index.The index includes all participants listed in the 700 baptisms, 313 marriages, and 1,006 burials. The marriages in this transcription include records from Rev. William Jenkins personal register 1820-1839, marriages performed by Rev. James George 1839-1853 as recorded in the Home District Marriage Register, and marriages performed by Rev. James Bain 1860-1867 as recorded in the York County Marriage Register.
The grave markers from St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church Cemetery (Bendale) have also been transcribed and are available as a separate publication.
We recommend The Scots Kirk: An Oral History of St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church as an excellent source of context for these transcriptions.