One of Toronto’s most historic churches, St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Scarborough, was founded in 1818/1819. The story of St. Andrew’s is also very much a history of Scarborough and of the pioneer families who settled the area. The church has figured prominently in the development of Scarborough since David Thompson made available a generous gift of land for a “Scotch Kirk.”
This book, which includes dozens of photographs, records the many memorable individuals to fill its pulpits and pews as well as stories of its associations, buildings and community anecdotes. Includes index.
The Scots Kirk is an excellent source of context for the transcription of registers: St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Scarborough, Ontario